alright, I'm doing it! I'm reuploading my art with the intention to not delete them this time! and I'm starting from the beginning. 2005 was the first year I started archiving my art digitally. I was drawing ever since I could remember, but everything before this point was on paper.
here's my first digital art I ever did. tsume from wolf's rain! featuring my first username I used on gaiaonline, ryutoriyu. I fondly remember someone calling me a liar when I told them this was the first digital drawing I ever did.

and for another notable 'first' in my life, here's a drawing of my first loveless original character I made and roleplayed with a little bit, yumi (last name forgotten). most roleplays I did on gaia were just me acting as a wolf or a fox until this one. I think the loveless roleplay took place in the official uke guild?? or something? it was in some sort of yaoi guild, lol.
she was total chuunibyou. I wrote a tiny story for her backstory somewhere but I'd reaaaally have to dig deep to go find that again. but it involved her parents dying and car crashes and abusive households yadda yadda.

it's actually pretty fun to look back at stuff like this, 20+ years later, because it's undeniable that it's Bad and that my art these days is significantly better. this was my attempt at drawing an angel, with angel wings. I was so proud of it at the time. oh little baby kela. this was also done in ms paint. I drew a good chunk of stuff in ms paint back in these days.

I believed in therianthropy at the time and I really felt like I was a 4-winged cat. this was me, as a werecat. I believed so hard in it that I could "feel" the phantom wings at my back, my tail, my ears. I'd get irritated when people brushed into them. there was an otherkin forum I liked to lurk around at the time (did I ever post there..? I genuinely don't remember..) I lost all belief in it in time, but I did draw my werecat form and my "guardians" here and there.
also, featuring another username change. I went from ryutoriyu to (k)[i](w)[i] (my crush at the time nicknamed me kiwi) to tropical kiwi.

an attempt at...painting? looks like I just used the airbrush tool. it's so fuzzy. but I was always drawin dragons. so many dragons.

an updated tsume! about a year after my first go at it. definitely put more effort into it. all those lines scribbled individually.. featuring another name I used, ruran iriku. I think it was meant to be more of a Real Name I could use instead of my very obviously internet username, even though this is also very much an internet name.

skipping over a lot of unfinished sketches and art of other people's gaiaonline avatars.. I was still drawing mostly traditional art at the time, scanning the pictures, and then drawing over them again digitally to clean up the lineart. I drew so many wolves, dragons, girls.. also some deer(?) with some gnarly anatomy. great stuff.

here was a couple of pictures someone had posted on gaiaonline in a contest(? I think?) for people to color their lineart. I tried! cute effort to look back on, at this point.

oh yeah, I also accepted my identity as a lesbian when I was 12, so I was already drawing plenty of gay shit way back then. I don't have a clue what species the butch here was supposed to be...what are those ears... also lol at baby kela seeing people credit lineart and color based on who drew it (see above) so I credited both proudly to myself here.

I think this was a request (or gaia gold commission) from my otherkin friend, another winged therian. still a cute design! I still love winged animals.

raccoon! because I like raccoons! the way I used to draw fur... every strand individually... lol.

this was intended to be my design for ruran iriku, an anthro cat girl. I think this first drawing was also meant to be inspired by my admiration of goldenwolf's art style. the pencil drawing was also maybe shown off to one of my classmates who was also drawing furry girls at the time. we talked about furcadia and pretended to try to make a video game together for a little bit (it went nowhere).

some drawings of my gaiaonline avatars. loved the edgy butchy stuff, lol. I always drew my own avatar art to put in my signature.

I think this was an attempt to design a species? and I never drew them ever again. but it was called a murii.

more assorted drawings! some angsty (lol the graffiti "I hate you" one), some dragon creatures.

another attempt to design a species! this one was the sa kshi. I don't even think I was trying to reference renamon but it's definitely got some renamon vibes, looking back at it.

more lesbian self-affirming art I drew for myself. it's still cute to me! I've always loved drawing this sort of vibe. happy girls laying on each other. this was named 'clouded paradise' and I probably meant to draw them sitting on clouds, but never did any more work on this picture.

dragons! my schoolwork and notes were always covered in dragon doodles.

I've progressed so far in drawing humans in profile...

and a bunch of cross-stitching I did! I had a lot of fun with this stuff at the time. LSG was for the literate spam guild, one of the guilds I spent a lot of time in on gaiaonline, because I was an elitist little thing who hated people who spelled things wrong and didn't use punctuation correctly etc.

christmas art! I started signing stuff ~TK for my username "tropical kiwi".

I skipped most of the art I did for other people, but I still think this one is cute.

danny the gay dragon.. I do not remember what spawned this character. I don't think I ever drew him again lol.

and to wrap up 2005.. another drawing I put a lot of effort into and thought it was so cool at the time. very fun to look back on. I don't try to draw such ambitious things very often, so it is a neat little representation of my skill (and its limitations) at the time.

I don't think I'll start tagging fandoms until maybe a couple years later. this is more of a diary entry of me reminiscing about my "beginnings" as it were. it's fun to look back on the things I liked, the things I was up to, just through what I was drawing at the time.
here's my first digital art I ever did. tsume from wolf's rain! featuring my first username I used on gaiaonline, ryutoriyu. I fondly remember someone calling me a liar when I told them this was the first digital drawing I ever did.

and for another notable 'first' in my life, here's a drawing of my first loveless original character I made and roleplayed with a little bit, yumi (last name forgotten). most roleplays I did on gaia were just me acting as a wolf or a fox until this one. I think the loveless roleplay took place in the official uke guild?? or something? it was in some sort of yaoi guild, lol.
she was total chuunibyou. I wrote a tiny story for her backstory somewhere but I'd reaaaally have to dig deep to go find that again. but it involved her parents dying and car crashes and abusive households yadda yadda.

it's actually pretty fun to look back at stuff like this, 20+ years later, because it's undeniable that it's Bad and that my art these days is significantly better. this was my attempt at drawing an angel, with angel wings. I was so proud of it at the time. oh little baby kela. this was also done in ms paint. I drew a good chunk of stuff in ms paint back in these days.

I believed in therianthropy at the time and I really felt like I was a 4-winged cat. this was me, as a werecat. I believed so hard in it that I could "feel" the phantom wings at my back, my tail, my ears. I'd get irritated when people brushed into them. there was an otherkin forum I liked to lurk around at the time (did I ever post there..? I genuinely don't remember..) I lost all belief in it in time, but I did draw my werecat form and my "guardians" here and there.
also, featuring another username change. I went from ryutoriyu to (k)[i](w)[i] (my crush at the time nicknamed me kiwi) to tropical kiwi.

an attempt at...painting? looks like I just used the airbrush tool. it's so fuzzy. but I was always drawin dragons. so many dragons.

an updated tsume! about a year after my first go at it. definitely put more effort into it. all those lines scribbled individually.. featuring another name I used, ruran iriku. I think it was meant to be more of a Real Name I could use instead of my very obviously internet username, even though this is also very much an internet name.

skipping over a lot of unfinished sketches and art of other people's gaiaonline avatars.. I was still drawing mostly traditional art at the time, scanning the pictures, and then drawing over them again digitally to clean up the lineart. I drew so many wolves, dragons, girls.. also some deer(?) with some gnarly anatomy. great stuff.

here was a couple of pictures someone had posted on gaiaonline in a contest(? I think?) for people to color their lineart. I tried! cute effort to look back on, at this point.

oh yeah, I also accepted my identity as a lesbian when I was 12, so I was already drawing plenty of gay shit way back then. I don't have a clue what species the butch here was supposed to be...what are those ears... also lol at baby kela seeing people credit lineart and color based on who drew it (see above) so I credited both proudly to myself here.

I think this was a request (or gaia gold commission) from my otherkin friend, another winged therian. still a cute design! I still love winged animals.

raccoon! because I like raccoons! the way I used to draw fur... every strand individually... lol.

this was intended to be my design for ruran iriku, an anthro cat girl. I think this first drawing was also meant to be inspired by my admiration of goldenwolf's art style. the pencil drawing was also maybe shown off to one of my classmates who was also drawing furry girls at the time. we talked about furcadia and pretended to try to make a video game together for a little bit (it went nowhere).

some drawings of my gaiaonline avatars. loved the edgy butchy stuff, lol. I always drew my own avatar art to put in my signature.

I think this was an attempt to design a species? and I never drew them ever again. but it was called a murii.

more assorted drawings! some angsty (lol the graffiti "I hate you" one), some dragon creatures.

another attempt to design a species! this one was the sa kshi. I don't even think I was trying to reference renamon but it's definitely got some renamon vibes, looking back at it.

more lesbian self-affirming art I drew for myself. it's still cute to me! I've always loved drawing this sort of vibe. happy girls laying on each other. this was named 'clouded paradise' and I probably meant to draw them sitting on clouds, but never did any more work on this picture.

dragons! my schoolwork and notes were always covered in dragon doodles.

I've progressed so far in drawing humans in profile...

and a bunch of cross-stitching I did! I had a lot of fun with this stuff at the time. LSG was for the literate spam guild, one of the guilds I spent a lot of time in on gaiaonline, because I was an elitist little thing who hated people who spelled things wrong and didn't use punctuation correctly etc.

christmas art! I started signing stuff ~TK for my username "tropical kiwi".

I skipped most of the art I did for other people, but I still think this one is cute.

danny the gay dragon.. I do not remember what spawned this character. I don't think I ever drew him again lol.

and to wrap up 2005.. another drawing I put a lot of effort into and thought it was so cool at the time. very fun to look back on. I don't try to draw such ambitious things very often, so it is a neat little representation of my skill (and its limitations) at the time.

I don't think I'll start tagging fandoms until maybe a couple years later. this is more of a diary entry of me reminiscing about my "beginnings" as it were. it's fun to look back on the things I liked, the things I was up to, just through what I was drawing at the time.